Wednesday, May 8, 2013

ISS Audio

It's rare now-a-days that I get a change to listen to the ISS astronauts make a contact with ground stations.  Today there was a school contact with a school in Gary, Indiana.  I figured that was easily listenable - so I ran out to the car and turned on the mobile radio (I didn't feel like listening to the Echolink node).  Plus it gave me a quick break from work.

Here's a link to a couple of minutes of audio (m4a audio file) recorded using the iPhone.  I had the radio's squelch open most of the time - so excuse that - but sometime you have to do that to make sure you can hear the ISS fading away and switch frequencies due to the doppler effect.

http://www.n8zak.com/files/public/ISS%20Audio/ISS_Contact_GaryIndianaSchool_5-8-13-15-35.m4a

73 - Zack

No comments:

Post a Comment